valid for any seats, reserved or non-reserved on “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains on the Tokaido, Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen lines. An exchange order has to be purchased before you go to Japan, as it is only available for sale outside of Japan.
Who is eligible?
1. Foreign tourist visiting Japan from overseas for sightseeing, under the entry status of “Temporary Visitor”.
• Only those with their passports bearing the stamp of a “Temporary Visitor” can qualify for the Japan Rail Pass.
2. A Japanese national living in a foreign country
(a) Is qualified to live permanently in that country
(b) Is married to a non-Japanese residing in a country other than Japan.
Note: Those who meet the above stated conditions must produce relevant documents at the point of purchase of the JR Pass.
Those meeting condition (b) must provide written proof of the following:
• That they are married to a non-Japanese
• That their spouse is living outside Japan
Book with us to enjoy the following benefits :
• Attractive exchange rates
• Instant issuance of rail passes (collection on the spot)
Give us a call to enquire about the latest prices of the various rail passes!
*With minimum purchase of S$500 or more, otherwise delivery charges start from S$3/pass (local registered mail only).
*H.I.S. bears no responsibilities for any lost or damaged mail.
– JR West Kansai Area Pass (1 Day / 2, 3, 4 Consecutive days / Kansai Wide Area Pass 5 Days)
– Ise Kumano Area Tourist Pass (5 Days)
– Takayama-Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass (5 Days)
– JR West Sanin-Okayama Area Pass (4 Days)
– JR West Setouchi Area Pass (5 Days)
– JR West Sanyo-Sanin Area Pass (7 Days)
– JR West Kansai-Hiroshima Area Pass (5 Days)
– JR West Kansai-Hokuriku Area Pass (7 Days)
– JR West Hokuriku Area Pass (4 Days)
– JR West Hiroshima-Yamaguchi Area Pass (5 Days)
– JR Hokkaido Rail Pass (3, 5, 7 Consecutive days / Flexi 4 days in 10 consecutive days)
– JR Kyushu Rail Pass (All Kyushu / Northern Kyushu)
– JR All Shikoku Rail Pass (2, 3, 4, 5 Consecutive days)
– JR East Pass (Flexible 5 days in 14 days)
and many more…!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A: Yes, it does. Kindly give us a call to check on the price beforehand.
If you have visited this page before, please refresh / press F5 as your device might be reflecting an older version of this page with outdated price.
Q: Can I pay in Japanese Yen (JPY)?
A: Unfortunately, Japanese Yen payment is not accepted.
HIS only accepts payment in local currency, Singapore Dollars (SGD).
Q: Can I get a discount if I buy 10 or XXX number of passes?
A: As per the Japan Railways Group’s regulations, discounts are strictly not permitted. Any agency offering you a discount is in violation of JR pass sales regulations. HIS offers very competitive prices for all JR passes. And with over 300 in Japan alone, you can approach us for assistance in Singapore and in Japan.
Q: What do I have to provide to make a booking ?
A: We will only require the names of all the passengers as per how it is spelt in the passport.
You may purchase on behalf of your friends as well if you have their exact names.
Names on the JR passes must match passport names exactly, HIS will not be responsible if you are unable to exchange your pass due to wrong name given to us.
If you are holding a Japanese passport, you will also have to bring written proof of permanent residency in a foreign country, or marriage certificate to a foreigner not residing in Japan (not holding a Japanese passport).
Q: How long in advance do I have to make a booking for the JR Pass ?
A: As the exchange orders are only valid for 3 months after date of issuance, you will only be able to make purchases at most 3 months before arrival in Japan. HIS is able to issue the passes INSTANTLY, so you can even purchase the pass from our store on your departure day!
Q: Can I make seats reservations for trains here ?
A: Unfortunately, you can only reserve your seats when you are in Japan, at the green window (Midori no madoguchi) ticket offices in JR Stations.